Air excavation uses compressed air to remove soil (or sand, ore, wood chips, gravel) and dig deep holes or trenches.
There are multiple benefits with air excavation:
- the use of suction instead of digging is environmentally harmless – there is less disturbance to the ground and no need for a water supply
- it allows us to leave the site clean – no muddy slurry is created and we can re-use the soil excavated to back-fill the hole
- we don’t much space – we can suck through small openings
- it’s more time and cost effective than digging – we don’t need to deploy as much equipment or personnel
- air excavation is safe and very fast on site